First hand is I have had my mutt for nine years one of the best dogs I have had great hunter. I would go to Arizona to a event the breeder put on and would be surrounded by brock's where we would do a hunt in planted field's not really my thing I like wild birds but I did get a good look at these dogs in action.

There is not a lot of these dog's in the states but well worth a look prices are not bad compared to other breeds.

Now if you are looking for sub zero I would not look at the Brock he is just like a German short hair.

I have had Weimaraner English pointer and Irish setter's. trained them all and all were good hunter's all of them a little different.
The Setter hated doves the Pointer was hard mouthed the Weimaraner was a little snippy around kids. I did like she was so loyal to me and would not listen to one command from the X lol.

As far as exercise goes I have no idea I have a two acre fenced yard he self exercised the kids called him white lightning as he streaked by lap after lap.

As far as the off switch in the paragraph I copied from the web page I gave the link for I can attest to , even as a pup he would come in and hit the rack that I was not use to with the other dogs I had.