Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Most beautiful state in the union, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, deserts, mountains, etc.

The problem with California is Californians, the actual place itself is fantastic.

Fantastic state? Having spent the first 18 years of my life there (left there over 50 years ago) and knowing it quite well I will say that NO it is not a fantastic state! Far from it.
Most beautiful state? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, if you think it's the most beautiful state, you must not get out much. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado all put California to shame. There are probably others that do as well, I just haven't been there yet.
As for the fantastic weather...depends on where you are in California and what you like. Much of it is blistering hot and humid in the summer. The Sierra's can get HUGE amounts of snow in the winter which is fine if you're into snow. Though much the same weather will be found in the other states already mentioned, it's not unique to California.
Yes, the problems with California are the people running (and ruining) it, but it otherwise does not stand out from many other states.
If it trips your trigger, well then, I guess it's your huckleberry. As for me, if I never set foot in that state again it will too soon!

Last edited by MickeyD; 01/08/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~