Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Most beautiful state? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, if you think it's the most beautiful state, you must not get out much. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado all put California to shame. There are probably others that do as well, I just haven't been there yet.

Nah, I don't get out much. I've only been to 50 states, six continents and about a quarter of the countries in the world. I've only been to more countries in the last two weeks than 99% of the people on this board have been to in their entire life.

I'll stand by what I said. Physically California has it all, beautiful mountains, beaches, coastlines, deserts, basically every ecosystem known to man. The states you mentioned have some beautiful scenery too, but right now someone in Montana or Wyoming is freezing their nutsack off while people are sipping wine in shirtsleeve weather in San Diego. It's all in what you consider beautiful, for every person that loves looking at the mountains in Montana there's one that would rather be looking out over Half Moon Bay.

Never in a million years would I move back to California, it's too f ukked up and I'd be miserable. That doesn't change the fact that it's a beautiful place. You can admire the beauty of Ingrid Bergman while still realizing that she's an irredeemably screwed up slut that would make your life miserable if you were married to her.

Another state with a lot of beauty is New York. The upstate region is beautiful, especially in the fall. It's also another state I'd never in a million years live in because of its state government, screwed up values, and screwed up people.

As I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Obviously, we be beholding somewhat differently.
Yes, California has Its beautiful places. But it's far from the most beautiful state.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~