I picked up mine last Friday from a local dealer, serial no. 19XX. I didn't even know until early last week that Colt was making these again. I was paging through a gun magazine at bedtime and saw an advertisement, and having regretted selling my 1978 blued 4" Python, which was unfired in the box with all tags, I had to have one. Called a local dealer the next morning to see if they had gotten any, and was told yes, we got one. I asked that they hold it for a few days, which they did, and I bought it for $1475.

Not being a real big revolver aficionado, I've got to say that the fit and finish on mine is perfect. When I cock it and pull the trigger and keep the trigger pulled back, the cylinder is locked like a bank vault. Everything about it exudes quality. I tested the trigger pull with my Lyman digital and got an average of 8.0 lbs. in DA mode over 7 pulls and 5.25 lbs. in SA mode. It's the best trigger I've ever pulled on a DA revolver, and much better than the Python I sold, which was part of the reason I sold it, as I was not impressed by the DA pull.

I shot it on Saturday and then on Sunday, shooting 150 .357 and 50 .38 +P rounds. Had a lot of fun and had zero issues with its functioning. If you have the chance to get one at or below MSRP, I'd recommend buying with confidence. No doubt a couple of videos showing malfunctions can give one pause, but we have no idea how many of the +2000 they've made have any issues. Worst case, if it doesn't work right, Colt will fix it.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, the internals are forged, not MIM. I'm not saying that I have read this from Colt or have any other direct knowledge, but this comes from a person that claims to be a Colt employee who posted on another forum. I don't think you can find any other current production revolver that is made this way.

https://www.marlinowners.com/f...ew-colt-pythons.html

[Linked Image from i865.photobucket.com]