Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Im a shooter, not a collector, so the new Python, is not much different than the old Python. As a shooter, the Python is not even in the same league as a good S&W pre-lock revolver. Ive pulled on many lower grade revolvers, ie: Rossi and Taurus that have every bit as good double action as a damned Python. I do wish I had bought half a dozen thru the years to help accommodate the collectors, could have made a pretty penny!

the new smith and wessons are not any better than a damn taurus or rossi, actually the taurus might be a better gun now than the current smith and wesson revolvers. I have had 2 44 magnums and 2 22LR go back to the factory and in one case they said they could not fix it. Current SW revolvers look pretty, cost a lot and suck as far as I am concerned.
I don't like the look of them either. The only really "new" S&W I've got is the Governor and it's fine. I realize it's not everybody's cup of tea though. I've got a 629 Mountain Gun with the "safety". I'd rather it not had the safety, but it has not caused any problems and is unaltered. It is several years old though and doesn't have the look of the really new ones. Anything pre-safety is great.