Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm only a doctor of bullshlt, but have to believe the 'cutting' you get, as well as drilling a hole from a Barnes solid copper HP would be a hell of a lot harder for the Sawbones' to contend with, I shot two deer and a small pig with my 45 ACP carry load using the Barnes 185's at 1125 fps, did a little looking around at dressing, they were all chewed up pretty bad with exits, the big 9pt buck I hit at 41 yards in the liver at and out offside frontal ribcage with a 10mm and 200gr XTP had much smoother looking wound cavity damage, if that makes any sense.

Animals, and not people yes, but, our standard everyday crackhead would not survive either through the vitals, too damn deep with too much damage.

I chuckle everytime I read that a small caliber pistol has the same size wound Channel as a larger caliber.

That only happens if the larger caliber is slow and the smaller caliber is much faster. When a 45 ACP is in the 1100 FPS range their is no way on earth that the wound Channel isn't larger than a 9.
I've shot too many game animals to believe the BS that they are all equal.
Bullet choice also plays a role such as a quality jhp in 9mm is going to trump a 45 ACP at 850 FPS with FM round nose bullets

The 9mmin +P is certainly adequate and has definate advantage of holding more rounds.

I was thinking the same after I posted, but as you stated about the 9's, I have full faith in the little 9mm load I put together for Wifes P365, the Barnes 125gr HP at an easy for her to shoot 1100 fps is an ugly little buzzsaw JWP.

Trump Won!