Originally Posted by jwp475

Underwood loads 125 grain JHP in 357 sig that crono results on youtube are going 1500+ FPS. At that speed I can assure you that the wound channel will be impressive. I would expect the 357 sig at 1500+ FPS would be at the top of effectiveness

The 125 grain JHP points made for the 357 sig do not over expand and under penetrate like the +P+ 124 grain JHP in 9mm do

Those would be wreckers for sure, not to mention a different kind of wound channel, I run the 140gr Lehigh penetrators to 1500 fps in my 10mm, and the 200's in my 45 ACP to 1055 fps, made up some tough homemade media bullet testing boxes as identical as I could, complete with hard packed Wife magazines and cow bones, would you believe the 45 ACP round penetrated as deep as the 10mm and had a larger wound channel? with no expansion from either.

I know, I know, some may find that stupid, but I had time, and plus, there's a black bear and wild boar hog on my trail cam damn near as tall as a 4ft cattle panel at the shoulders, I did NOT want to run into either sneaking up that mountain in the dark with wind in my face and a bow in my hand, the copper and bonded hp's may be fine in a lot of cases, but, if I surprised either in the dark I had the idea of drilling deep enough holes in either to get them to leave me alone, and all would most likely be going in on frontal chest shots, so they would damn well need to go deep!, iirc most animal charges are from being surprised by two leggers.

Trump Won!