The current F150's, Silverados, and Sierras run circles around any Tundra we've ever owned. Ain't even close, and before you say it, they've been just as reliable, many with over 200k,

Toyota drivers don't even start talking about reliability until 400,000, 200K is nothing on a Toyota and there are several at or near 1 million miles on the original engine and transmission. That said my current 1/2 ton is a Ford and I don't have a single complaint. I also have a 13 year old Tacoma that has been a darn good truck too.

When you start comparing Toyota to Ford/Chevy/Dodge you have to consider the very different approach Toyota takes to building a truck. Since I'm more familiar with Ford I'll use them as an example, but I'm sure Chevy and Dodge are very similar.

When you look at the towing and payload specs for Toyota the truck you buy will come very close to actually matching it. Tundra only offers 2 engines and 2 axle ratios (3.90 and 4.30). They only offer 1 wheelbase with 3 cab styles all on the same frame. They will all come very close to pulling/hauling what is in the brochure.

Ford offers 4 engines and 4 axle ratios, their only V8 is closer in size to the smaller Tundra V8. The lowest gearing you can get in a Ford is 3.73, but those are rare. Most 4X4 F150's come with 3.31 or 3.55 gears. Most 4X2's have 3.15 gears. Then they offer 4 cab styles on 4 different wheel bases. (one specific to the Raptor). And the higher trim levels offered by Ford make the trucks curb weight so heavy that it really cuts into payload. When you buy a Ford the tow and payload ratings are all over the place and usually are no where near the advertised ratings in their brochures. Some Tacomas will haul/tow more than a LOT of the F150's on the road and MOST Tundra's will haul/tow a LOT more than MOST of the F150's on the road.

Properly equipped a F150 will pull a much heavier trailer and have much more payload than you can get in a Tundra. But you have to choose carefully if buying a Ford. Most of the trucks they build are not designed for the type of use most of us need a truck for.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.