Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I'm driving my 2002 V-8 Tundra for 18yrs now.Zero major issues at 210K miles now and still gets 24-25miles per gallon on the highway..Still a great truck.Clear coat paint is flaking a little now.Never thought I'd drive one that long and was offered 6k cash for it.That is one good thing about the Toyotas,they have great resale value too.

No dog in this fight, but I know several owners. If the bold above is true, it belongs in the Smithsonian. Great trucks, but they refuse to pass up a gas station.

Clyde

Yeah, I highly doubt it's getting that kind of mileage. Mine averages 19mpg on highway trips.. That's actually better than my damn v6 Taco too...

OK for the non-believers,this work for you?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

No offense, but is this what you call 'highway" mileage? I could get my old 1999 dodge with 318 gas guzzler up to that if I went that slow too. Guess everyone's definition of highway is different.

Bring it on the interstate at 70 and let us know how it is then. Like I said, if it still gets 24-25mpg put it in the Smithsonian.

Clyde

Yeah, that is funny. I based my MPG on recent trips to Reno from my house (500 miles one way). Plenty of hills to climb and a lot of windy roads. 65-70 MPH... Not just flat freeway driving at 48 MPH on a downhill slope with the wind to my back....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA