We got home late this afternoon and there was about an hour of daylight left, so I hit the woods looking for squirrels. Found one about 4:45, and did something very special to me; this old Stevens Model 94 16 gauge was my Dad's first gun, bought sometime in the 1950's. After my parents married, the old Stevens was left with my grandfather, and stayed there until he died, then it became MY first firearm! I moved on to fancier stuff, and the Stevens stayed over at mom and dads place, across the field from our house, just a few hundred yards away. After pop died in December of 2012, I brought it home and it has sat on the gun rack unused. Until this afternoon. The first squirrel that I have shot with it since I was a teenager. I'm 54 years old, so it's been close to 36 years since the little Stevens has dropped a squirrel. It was dark by the time I got back to the house, so I took this picture in the barn, where there are lights. My maternal grandfather, who died young at 47 years old in 1954 and 11 years before I was born, built the barn in 1934-1935. I've had to do some repairs over the years, but the old barn is still in pretty good shape, like the old Stevens single shot. Pawpaw Ne carved his initials into the stock, A.E.N.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]