Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by lastround
Hi Sarge,
That is a nice article on the Redhawk, but it refers to the reference model as being a ‘79 Model. The picture shows a blued model, which were not introduced by Ruger until several years later. I assume the pictured gun is not the one referenced in the article. Or, could it have been that a blued gun was shown by mistake?

Or maybe the pictured Redhawk was a prototype that Ruger produced in 1979........Anyone have a thought?

I haven't owned that revolver in a long time, but I can assure you I would not have described it as a '79 model without contacting Ruger and confirming it first. I realize Ruger's serial history on the model goes back to 1980. I did find the following reference regarding Redhawks, obviously made prior to 1980-

"During the NRA show in San Antonio in May 1979, the company unveiled its Redhawk, a six-shot DA .44 Magnum."
https://gundigest.com/gun-reviews/h...uper-redhawk-which-is-the-best-44-magnum

I have no idea whether the San Antonio guns were blue or stainless. I do know what mine was- and yes, I probably should have kept it. I had several 44 Mags about that time and then, it was just another Redhawk. Decent used ones were all over the place.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ