Originally Posted by Terryk
I had a first year run of the 41 magnum. I was not impressed by the heavy SA trigger, so I was happy to sell it.
So are the triggers better, or is there a way to adjust them? Maybe I just got a lemon decades ago?

Hi Terry,
I hate to be critical of my favorite big bore revolver, but Redhawks have notoriously had single action triggers that, to put it nicely, leave a lot to be desired. Some folks just change out the mainspring to lighten the pull,but that may cause ignition problems. I said “may” because in some cases that works. I have learned over the years to leave the spring alone, and do my work on the action itself, by judiciously working the sear and polishing the parts to reduce creep. I usually end up with about a three and a half pound SA pull which for me is about right. All my Redhawks get this treatment and have what I consider very good triggers. Note: care must be taken not to remove too much metal. A lot of re-assembly and trial involved.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug