Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I am sure you could quickly find out what year the Blued Redhawks came out just by checking the internet, which I haven't done. Nor do I remember the exact year they did. I can tell you by memory, that it was after the stainless ones, probably as lastround says, "by several years". The first guns produced were 7 1/2" Stainless models, which were the only models produced for awhile. I can't recall for sure, but the Blued models seemed to come out about the same time the shorter ones did (5 1/2"). 44 Mag. was the first caliber. I believe the 41 Mag. was the next introduced. Then the 357.

The first I knew of the Redhawk, was Elmer Keith shooting Jackrabbits with them and relating his experiences in Gun Notes. Keith liked the new gun.

Ethan,
Your memory of the Redhawk chronology follows exactly with mine, but SargeMO threw me a curve. With my memory of when the blued models came out, and when the 5.5” models came out, one of us has to be wrong. I have been searching the internet for answers and most of what I’m finding are from other guy’s memories as well. One recurring date seems to be that the 5.5” stainless models came out in late 1982, early 1983. I’ve found nothing concrete on blued models or the reversal of hammer pivot pins. I think the reversed pins occurred with the introduction of the 5.5” models. Thanks for your input.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug