Lots of good information....

I've owned four...first was back in Texas...an 80s vintage 7.5" stainless with the rings in .44 Magnum...with 180 Sierras it was a deer killin' machine...

Next was a 90s vintage 5.5" .41 Magnum in stainless. Never did bond with that one. The only grips that really fit my had was the stock ones and once velocity was increased so was the discomfort. It went down the road with 4 extra sets of grips.

Finally when Ruger brought back the .41 Magnum I bought one of the first ones out in the 4.2" barrel. One of the best shooting .41s I've ever owned. Shot my best DA standing group at 50 yards ever with that gun...6 rounds in a little under 6". DA trigger breaks right were I want it to. Found a set of the impossible to find Uncle Mike's grips at GUN PARTS Corp. before they were all gone...

When the 2.75" came out I bought one of those also but the DA breaks later than the 4.2" and really don't care for the round butt. Fortunately Hogue came out with a rubber set of grips that fit my hands well...

The .41s were a limited distributor exclusive and they are now somewhat hard to find...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....