LEADMINER,

One thing I pointed out in the GUN GACK II chapter on the 6.5x55 Krag is the cartridge was not just developed by Sweden. Instead it was co-developed by Norway and Sweden, as at the time they were semi-joined into one kingdom--but each could design/choose the rifle they wanted to use. Sweden chose the 1894/96 Mausers, and Norway the Krag-Jorgensen. (One of the interesting sidelights I point out is that Norway was the LAST country to adopt the Krag-Jorgensen for their military, even though it was a Norwegian design. The others were Denmark and the U.S.A.)

But apparently Norway and Sweden read the drawings of their new round a little differently. Consequently, there was occasionally a little difficulty in using Norwegian ammo in Swedish Mausers, and vice versa. But the problem apparently wasn't vast, and nothing like the difficulty sometimes experienced when British .303 ammo was used in often tight-chambered Ross rifles in WWI.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck