Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by slabslapper
Hornady still makes a 160 gr. Interlock. Great for hogs.

Glad you've had good luck with it, but both I and Phil Shoemaker (458Win on the Campfire, and an Alaskan Master Guide) have experienced very erratic results with that bullet on deer.

Mule Deer;
Good morning to you John, I hope you and Eileen are well and weathering the winter okay thus far.

With the understanding that my experience with the 160gr Hornady bullets would be close to 30 years back now, there was one particular box of them that made the rounds between 3 of us reloaders back then. The other two chaps loaded them in 6.5-06's and I loaded them in the 6.5x55 I'd modified for my father.

One of us ended up shooting what we'd call a "circus bear" with one when I was present and I want to say at least one local buck as well. Since I was the one who performed the evisceration on the bear, I recall being sufficiently unimpressed with the damage that we stopped using them in Dad's rifle forthwith.

Now somewhere in the mists of time, what I saw and didn't like I just can't recall, but there it is for whatever it's worth from way back then.

In Dad's rifle, until our eldest inherited it and began hunting with the 130gr TSX bullets, the most consistent performance was either a 140gr Hornady Interlock or 140gr Partition.

All the best to you and Eileen for what is left of our winter. We're bracing for a serious Arctic front supposedly landing tomorrow.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"