The bore looks like the rifle has not been shot. But it had been I used some foaming Outers bore cleaner and the patch came out black and blue. The bore looked great after the patch though. The bore was dirty when I bought it and that probably discouraged others.

A dealer that knows a lot more about European rifles than I will ever know told me this rifle was a 1912 Norwegian Kraig. But there is lettering on top of the front of the receiver that says 1910, what does that mean? Maybe there were different date-versions like our Kraig?

I bought the rifle really cheap, I'm afraid to mention the price or I would likely be called a derogatory name worse than "bugger"... The guy didn't have a price tag on it. Normally, I walk by such items with unmarked prices. I guess I have been looking for a Norwegian Kraig ever since I read John's article in Gun Gack II when it came out (and subsequently forgot where I read it).

The guy who sold it to me said it was so cheap because it wasn't a 30-40. Well I have a 1896 Kraig that is a 30-40 - I wanted the 6.5. I'm part Norwegian myself.

The barrel and sights are original. I think as is everything on it but the stock. It has matching numbers on all the steel.

The draw backs are:
1. The stock had a super high cheek piece - clearly after market.
2. The stock had some unfinished checkering.
3. There are two slots cut into the receiver that must have been made for some kind of mount. I didn't notice them but the knowledgeable dealer pointed them out to me.

I'm taking a rasp to the stock as the sights would have to be set on at least 1,000 meters for me to use those sights.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally