Frank deHaas in his book, "Bolt Action Rifles", remarked that Griffin & Howe, back in the day, lapped the front lug sufficiently to allow the safety lug(s) to bear on the receiver. Unfortunately I have never been able to closely examine a Norwegian Krag. An old hunter of local fame, Dragseth, used a sporterized Norwegian Krag for many years, he could afford whatever he wanted but chose the Krag. He bought a large quantity of Swedish roundnose military ball ammo from me. I asked him what he was going to do with it (cupro nickel jacket, corrosive priming)? He replied that he filed the tip gently to expose some lead, and that made better hunting ammo than you could buy. In those days, Norma was about the only factory ammo for the 6.5x55, which I thought was fine ammo, if a little pricey.
Anyway, I think the reports of overhardened Krags with a cracked lug was confined to American Krags by Springfield Armory. (yes Virginia, the same Springfield that produced the bad heat treated low number 1903's that came unstuck) I have never heard of a Norwegian or Danish Krag failure. The older loading manuals suggest 46,000 CUP ceiling, and with an 18 inch barrel, the older books show up to 2,600 fps with a 140 spitzer. What more could we ask for?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.