Originally Posted by C_ROY
Not sure if what I want is realistic or not but would like an attached Bi-pod that obviously I can lay prone to take hunting shoots at a distance but when vegetation and terrain prevent laying prone I can extend the bi-pod legs to take a sitting shot.. For hunting purposes what is everyone using???

I don't know if any of the newer bipods on the market can handle both prone and sitting, but it's not a realistic goal with a Harris bipod in my experience. I do have one for each (prone and sitting) and they are very different in size. The 6"-9" Harris works well for prone, and I almost always use it in the collapsed 6" position. For sitting on the other hand, a much taller model is needed (if you use a bipod for that); I forget what size mine is, something like 25" comes to mind, but regardless it's much longer than the model that works for prone.

Good luck with your search. Personally I mostly use my short bipod for prone shooting and sticks or some other rest for sitting or other positions. Honestly most of the time for sitting I don't use anything but a sling and solid positioning.