Been using the Harris bipods for a very long time and don't see the need to change. The 6-9" unit works great for sage rats, rock chucks, and other places where prone is called for and the I have a couple of the 12-25 and 13-27 units and they work great for sitting shots when there are obstacles in the way like blowdowns, grass, sagebrush, etc... longest shot I ever made on an elk was 600 yards across a canyon and you could cover three shots with a coffee cup when we skinned it.

In a lot of the areas we hunt, you are sitting on a sidehill watching the heads of canyons and it is nice to be able to adjust each leg separately so you can have your rifle level when you are sitting on the side of a steep hill. The swivel feature on a couple of mine has become my favorite and I use them almost exclusively now...

Everyone posting is giving good advice for the hunting they do. You have to decide which design and style you would use for the areas you hunt to narrow it down and go from there... IMO....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.