I have an Atlas 6-9” bipod I swap between my hunting rig and match gun. During matches it’s absolutely essential but for hunting, for me, not so much. Though there have been a couple of bipod shot opportunities capitalized on, in most circumstances, I usually run into line of sight issues which hinder shooting prone, and in the areas I hunt, don’t often come across a makeshift rest that allows making good use of a rifle mounted bipod. I’m finding my Bog Pod to be much more useful. Works from sitting and taller positions I find more common while hunting. From now on, I might keep a bipod in my pack, but doubt I’ll be keeping it mounted in my rifle. Haven’t used one hunting yet, but for non time constrained long range precision shots, a tripod might be the best bet.

Here’s a boar I shot just yesterday using the bog pod from a kneeling position. That was the lowest position I could use and still have line of sight. 300 yard kneeling shot with 18 mph winds and pig was DRT. I was pretty happy with that.

John

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14