Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I have an Atlas 6-9” bipod I swap between my hunting rig and match gun. During matches it’s absolutely essential but for hunting, for me, not so much. Though there have been a couple of bipod shot opportunities capitalized on, in most circumstances, I usually run into line of sight issues which hinder shooting prone, and in the areas I hunt, don’t often come across a makeshift rest that allows making good use of a rifle mounted bipod. I’m finding my Bog Pod to be much more useful. Works from sitting and taller positions I find more common while hunting. From now on, I might keep a bipod in my pack, but doubt I’ll be keeping it mounted in my rifle. Haven’t used one hunting yet, but for non time constrained long range precision shots, a tripod might be the best bet.

Here’s a boar I shot just yesterday using the bog pod from a kneeling position. That was the lowest position I could use and still have line of sight. 300 yard kneeling shot with 18 mph winds and pig was DRT. I was pretty happy with that.

John

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I just use a Harris swivel 6-9 on my rifles when I'm shooting with a bi-bod. Nothing wrong with the harris swivel. I'm sure there are much better designs out there now, but the Harris works well enough. Was shooting my CTR yesterday and nailing the 2" steel plate at 400 yards with regularity, even in the wind. Was shooting with my boss and a couple guys from work. Boss said I could't shoot from my bench, had to give them a chance... Little does he know he'd be doing a lot better if he chit canned the 300wm and Leupold set-up and buy a creed...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Broke the seam on the pipe on 2 of my steel targets, so I had to take them to the shop and weld them up:
Those are my 2, 4 and 6" plates...

Now after she's fixed:

When I'm shooting my ar's off the bench, I actually prefer my Harris 6-9 swivel bi-pod. It works just as well as a good set of sandbags...:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA