Shootem & Sitka deer: Thank you both for your suggestions - notes taken and again appreciated very much.
The Whitetail filet mignon steaks the VarmintWife and I had the other night were prepared "sheep-herder" style (dusted heavily in flour with appropriate salt and pepper then fried in a hot frying pan with butter and virgin olive oil just a couple minutes on each side served with fried potatoes and cottage cheese!) and it was "glorious"!
Every fall I hold a debate with myself over my buying "Whitetail doe tags" of which I think Hunters can purchase 6 or so here in SW Montana as I absolutely LOVE Whitetail steak!
And every fall (for 50+ years now!) I refuse to buy said "Whitetail doe tags" then every spring or summer (for 50+ years now!) when I run out of Deer meat I curse myself for not bagging one or two Whitetail Deer for the freezer and enjoyment throughout the year.
To compound the brevity in my enjoying my own Deer meat the VarmintChildren also LOVE wild game and Deer and Elk meat disappears from my freezers whenever they come, from out of state now, to visit.
When harvested correctly and cared for properly then prepared correctly Whitetail venison is simply SUPERB!
Mouth watering, again already.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy