I have the 2501 Kubota. It is rated at17 HP,but tuned to 25 they tell me. If you are talking haying,then step up to the next size .I think it is 37HP. Not sure. You will probably need hydraulics to the rear as well as the front. Nice thing about the 37 HP,you can get the enclosed cab for it.The2501 you can't. I opted fro Ag tires and std transmission .I never liked the hydro static transmissions. If you get the industrial tires,you can't get a set of chains on them.I had the dealer set the wheels out as far as possible. It seems squirrely wanting to turn over with them in close.

I prefer the Kubota front Quick Disconnect because they will use any Universal skid steer implement which you can usually pick p cheaper than John Deere stuff.

Mine will use 5 ft brush hog, a 5 ft snow blower ,plow ,disc. I have 3 ft hay spears and can easily move a 3x3x8 ft , 800 pound hay bale,but not a 3x4.I have to keep the rear blade on the back with an extra 100 pounds on it to handle the 3x3's. .It would probably pick up the3 x4's,but I would needed a lot more weight on the rear.

If you have someone to do custom haying, I'd look there instead of buying your own equipment. For that small plot,you can tie up a lot of money in mowers,rakes balers etc. Of course the bigger you go, the less you can get around in small places.

I will also add that, at least around here,every John Deere dealer will screw you every chance they get. Everything they sell is MSRP, even the big dealers way out in farm country. The Kubota dealer in Colorado Springs is the same way. Acts like he is doing you a favor, I traveled 60 miles and saved about $4000 by going out east of Pueblo. La Junta was even better. Get away from the dealers that sell to small hobby farmers

Last edited by saddlesore; 02/18/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles