Originally Posted by bludog
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by bludog
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by CEoW717
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
According to those weight charts, everyone is fat.

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

My brother and I are both about 6-2. He is an avid biker, is slightly built with narrower shoulders, and has never weighed more than 185, which at that weight gives him a small pot belly. We're planning on hiking the Grand Canyon this May, down and out 1 day, 17+ miles. I weighed 230.8 on January first, and I'm currently a couple pounds under 210. My goal is to get my first number on my weight to be a one before we hike, and I'm on track for that. He's never lifted weights in his life, and I've lifted on and off since off-season football in high school, and currently lift at least 3 times a week. He probably can't bench press 100 pounds. He wears a 38-40" sport coat, while I wear a 48. but we have the same chart for obesity. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense!

So who has the most body fat,you or him?

Right now, probably me. Ten more pounds down for me, it should be close to a wash. 175 is a good lean weight for him. 195 is a good lean weight for me. .

I've given this a lot of thought and come to the conclusion that our bodies adapt to be optimal for whatever we are doing with them. I've decided I don't want a 200 lb body of all lean muscle that can't run or walk as far as a 170 body of lean muscle. The 200 lb body may be better for doing bench presses,but I want a body better for going and doing,not just lifting.

Very heavy massively muscled body builders have changed the way society views healthy. What the hell good is all that muscle if it's only better in the gym? That industry has caused our views on what is actually healthy to be totally screwed up.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 02/29/20.