Originally Posted by efw
A .280 AI is pretty different and will deliver better speed than the .284 w/o the “made to” that DF mentions?

As far as stocks you can get upgraded walnut from Boyd’s that is well worth the expense IMHO. The Prairie Hunter I got my son for his Turk Mauser in .257 Rob was standard grade wood and looks nice; their laser checkering is REALLY nice IMHO.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

On both of these issues (.284 vs 06 family, Boyd’s vs Richards Microfit) I keep in mind that shop time is quickest way to add to cost of a build. The “made to work” that DF mentions amounts to hours of machining on feed rails &/or follower by a skilled gunsmith which is quite expensive. Same goes for the difference between Richards and Boyd’s both on the inletting side as well as checkering. That is, I’ve seen a lot of work necessary on Richard’s stocks plus checkering vs neater inletting from Boyd’s & laser checkering.

Just more food for thought based upon my experience.

That is a nice looking stock! And you say that's just their standard grade, not one of the two upgrades you can make to walnut with Boyd's?