The 6mm is a fine deer rifle, whether it be a 6x45, 6x47, 6mm Bullberry ( 6/30-30 Imp) 243, 6mm Rem, 240W...wicked killers that "I personally found" really needed to be used "surgically" they say, for best results. Same with the hot .22s, ask any Texas rifleman/Hunter. Now, I have personally seen what an 85 xbt going 2900fps ( .243 short barrel speeds) from a 6mm/222Mag did on 2 Axis and a Scimitar Horned Oryx. (plus 2 jackrabbits :)) I had to use that rifle because I was still recovering from a neck fusion. The axis were 80yds and 125 yds, and the Oryx was 184 yds. Complete penetration on one axis, and the first shot on the Oryx ( base of neck) the 2nd from 75yds ( insurance shot) went up through chest/heart/broke the spine/lodged right there.

Here in Utah, many just use factory Fusion ( 95) and 100gr (Rem/Fed blue box/Hornady) I met two brothers back in the late 90s that used the 100x in their 243s for elk every year!. Fine little round. For a Rifleman, and easier for other beginners to "learn to be Riflemen", just teach them where to hit their game. Have a ball pard!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 03/14/20.