Originally Posted by Cold Zero
Originally Posted by UpTop
Originally Posted by Cold Zero
The WM Puma -25F is a nice lofty looking bag, but is outside the temp range of 0-10F that I am foucusing on. The only place near me for sleeping bags to look at is REI, which has none of the ones we are discussing on their web site. I think several of the bags could do the job WM, FF, MH, as one poster above said, the differences seem slight. I did look at the Marmot Lithium, but it has only a 2/3 zipper and reviews say there are issues with the zipper quality, the weight was by far the best at 1 lbs 3 ozs unbelievable.

WM does not sell direct, anyone know of a vendor who may sell for less than the full retail ? UpTop where did you buy your Versalite ?

I ordered straight from the website. Prompt shipping w no hassles. You will be very pleased with the bags warmth and weight. Use it as a quilt if its too warm during early season. Good luck!

I don't think WM sells directly anymore. I don't even see prices on their website.

At least this topic will be available for folks in the future who also need to replace their old bag. I did a search and there was not much to look at recently. This was pretty thorough

I am just used to a full length zipper, force of habit I guess. Not a big deal either way. But, the reviews on the Marmot said issues with the zipper other than the glow in the dark color and the zipper seems like a great bag that is the lightest by far. No denying the WM bags seem like state of the art. I think the WM Puma will be too warm for me, no sense carrying more weight than I need to.

Now that I think about it, the bags were ordered thru AMH in Anchorage. If youre in the vicinity of the Valley, you are more than welcome to check them out before you buy. I also purchased the FF puffy pants at AMH.