Originally Posted by Cold Zero
Originally Posted by rost495
all my boss runs and all we run are wiggys. Yep he is a butthead sometimes.

But the bags are good. Heavy. but good. I typically don't backpack hunt much anymore. .

I have read that the Temperature rating on the Wiggys bags is optimistic, like a 10F bag is really only comfortable at 25F bag. Have you found their ratings to be accurate ? Also, I read when a customer brought 2 bags back to him due to the temperature rating issue and they the guy and his wife were both cold, Wiggys owner would not do anything to satisfy them.

As for me for the upcoming Wildland Fire season for 2022 I bought

Western Mountaineering: Sequoia MF 5F $810
3 lbs. 4 oz. plus the weight of the overfill, so I was told I am good down to at least 0F.
I like the semi rectangular style and extra room, seems like a popular bag.

If I sleep sans clothing like you should then I'm good with their ratings, if I have a bit of clothes on I find the temp ratings about 10 to 15 degrees off for me.

I always carry one rated about 20 degrees or so cooler than I expect. And generally thats one of the double bags, inner and outer so I can adjust.

We have also found that holds true rating wise for most bags. Have a couple of other brands of bags, big names too, and the ratings thing seems the same.

Cheap bags I find the ratings to be way off.

As noted for a non backpack bag they have been cheap enough and fine. Washable. Pretty tough. Carry a zero bag for moose, as it dips to 10. The outer bag is a 40 degree bag IIRC and when in a camp building instead of tent that we warm up just a bit, I run the thin 40 and have never had an issue.

I don't use extra room though I like the idea, but extra bag just makes me colder it seems. Cuts down on the draping effect.

I suspect everyone is different though.

I see the young kids with super light down bags that shouldn't be more than a 25 or 30 degree bag and they never seem to get cold. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....