Scotty- yes I did. I liked the rifle, but it was still a tad heavy for what I wanted, but I was OK. then, I found a pristine Kimber 84L Classic with really nice wood and I was messing around with another Mesa ( 6.5 Creedmoor for the grand daughter). so I sold the 300 Mesa, bought the Kimber, had it sent off and Cryo treated, trigger set where I wanted and put the Vortex 1.5x8 on it. 7 libs! And pretty enough/light enough to be a good heirloom for the Grand Daughter later. Meanwhile, I wasn't thrilled about having the 6.5 Creedmoor as an elk back up rifle ( to the .270) plus, I never got it to shooting like I thought it should, and then I had the strangest pain...I still wanted a heavy hitter, and for the way I hunt/where I hunt, I like the flatter shooters. I couldn't make myself do it with the little 338 RCM, which I sold too. It was light enough, but I don't shoot the shortys that well anymore. I needed another 300WM! So sold the Creedmoor! Just happened to stop by Sheels going home, and they were having a sale. I looked at a Bergara B14 Hunter ( I've always liked them, how they feel in my hands) and a Tikka T3X Lite SS also in 300. I just preferred the B14. Got it home, put the 3x9 FFII on .it, the trigger came preset to 2 1/2 pds, nice. I cleaned it up, torqued it to 55 inch pds. I like it. Its lighter than the Mesa a bit. I don't have to make it an "all arounder" like I started out this summer with the one 300 Mesa. I even got a new Alpine Gun Slicker to protect the pretty Kimber's wood if it storms on me, ha. I "think" I'm all set now with my "North America" 2 Gun Battery. .270W and 300WM. Bob Hagel is smiling somewhere! smile

( FYI everyone, yes, I'm a Rifle Looney, but I made a decision decades ago, as a busy Minister, to "limit myself" to 2-3 and if I want something different ( I usually do!) I sell/trade to do it. If its too nice to sell/trade, I give it away and start over. Layaway is my friend too, ha)

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 03/24/20.