Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Great suggestion Gunner. Back when I only used a 300wm for hunting, I decided I'd make it simple and just run the 200gr Nosler partition for deer and elk. I ran them right around 2,900 fps, or a hair over. I generally found most of my 300's liked that speed with the 200gr bullet. They sure are accurate and hit hard too. I'm actually wondering why some guys made a switch to a mono barnes bullet, saying they worked better than the good ol 200gr Nosler. I've never seen an issue with the 200gr partition, as they have always gotten full penetration (something I can't say about the 180 in the 300 mags). They also work great in my 30-06 rifles too. One of the reason I always have 200gr partitions in the loading room.

Damn right Buddy, that bullet works at 3K or 2700 in an '06, turns it into the hammer that CAN ; ] the 220gr Partition at a lowly 2750 is a hell of a bull banger too, loaded some of those for one of the same set of Buds that has an old Remington 300 H&H, he kills right along with the rest of them, all the while sporting a 80's vintage gloss Burris scope. smile

Trump Won!