irfubar;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that this finds you folks doing as well as possible in these interesting times.

Due to a whole lot of factors, I have been a lifelong skeptic of most statements, writings and people in general.

That has of course been in constant conflict within the frame work of my belief in an all knowing and all powerful deity who I am doing my level best to be a servant of.

So even when folks would come to church and proclaim they'd now been changed, I was the guy in the second last pew with my arms folded thinking "Well we'll see..."

Couple or maybe even quadruple that with the fact that numbers have always "made sense" to me so I'm able to deduce with relative speed - used to be quicker though for sure - but when some are proclaiming a "coincidence", I'm the guy crunching the probability of this being a random occurrence, you know?

Reading back over your question and my response, I suppose perhaps like my cyber friend Jim, I'm not really in either category.

I believe that there's a sovereign God in control, but most days including at present have no idea what the greater plan is. Can't begin to envision it really and truly.

My task, as I understand it today, is to try to learn from what's put in my path and to hopefully be a better version of me than I was yesterday.

If I get "called home" in the gentle Christian parlance or "buy the farm/bite the big one" in Saskatchewan speak - well sir I'm honestly at peace with that option too.

Of course I'll fight it, because I believe that's what I'm both called to do and it's human nature after all, but all of us have an expiration date and honestly as I've said many times, I've been blessed far beyond anything I could have ever done to deserve it.

Anyway sir, that's more or less where I'm at this morning - between cleaning up the yard and working on a couple rifles which have been sitting far too long in a state of disrepair!

Stay well my friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"