Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Blackheart, did you see the picture I posted? That's a full sized 2 and 3/4" 12 gauge shell, and I didn't stage that picture. It happened three times just from racking the action with a loaded magazine. The third time it happened, I laid it down in my gun case and took a picture of it to show my gunsmith. Same thing happened to Hickok45 while reviewing a Mossberg pump shotgun. If it were impossible, it would not have happened three times to me, and been captured once in a Hickok45 video. He was using standard 2 and 3/4" shells, too.
OK I watched the Hickock45 video. I was right, the only time he had one get stuck through the elevator was a boob move on his part where he dropped one in through the ejection port NOSE DOWN. No malfunctions of the gun occurred in that video. All rounds fed through the magazine functioned perfectly as did all dropped into the ejection port horizontally. It is possible to "boob move" an 870 by getting one caught between the lifter and bolt as I described in my previous post too.

Could you post the video so I can see if it's the one I was talking about?
Look it up yourself. His son was in it and they had three shockwaves for testing.

I'd love to see it, but as I recall it was a full length version of the Mossberg pump gun that he was shooting.
I don't have the time or desire to go through all of them. I watched two of Hickocks videos on the shockwave. The one previously mentioned and another where they tested a 20 gauge version. There were no malfunctions in either video. You either had a lemon or it was operator error. I've seen my share of lemons from about every manufacturer. Including Remington 870's. Mossberg pumps normally work well and continue to do so for a long time.