Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by antlers
Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.
Did you make that up? How many people die a day in the US? Leave a reply....

1,200 (Covid-19 deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in USA)
7,500 (daily deaths in the USA from all other causes)

7,500 + 16% (1,200) = 8,700 (total daily deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in the USA, including Covid-19 deaths)

So, again...Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

I don't think that anyone, including you and me, knows with any degree of certainty what the number of deaths directly attributable to COVID-19 are. Furthermore, we don't have accurate demographic data to project what groups are at the greatest risk of dying and which groups face a much lower risk of dying.

In the end, when there are accurate numbers, the death toll from COVID-19 will probably be a fraction of 1% of the U.S. population.

Even at 65, I'll happily take my chances with the odds running 99 to 1 in my favor. Unlike some, I refuse to live in fear until there is something more deadlyl than COVID-19 knocking on my front door.