Originally Posted by gunner500
Holy Damn! now there's a voice of experience, glad you gave that sob a couple extra holes in his head, hope the leg healed 100%.

nope! that was 25 years ago and it hurts right now. youngsters (like I was then) think we will heal up and just have a story to tell . those old injuries come back to haunt you. still I have been glad for 25 years I was packing the Blackhawk that day.
I have faced down a couple more over the years including a very upset sow with triplets .luckily I made so many weird noises it confused her, I remember someone in my vicinity screaming like a little girl. she came within 15 yards and then remembered her babies. you could see the light bulb come on in her eyes. that day I only had a stick and string.i backed out backwards for about 100 yards and discovered i'd dropped my bino's. left them till the next day never went out bow hunting again without a sidearm.
today what with the wolves crowding us I carry a 300 blackout AR pistol everywhere, especially when I walk my Dog. gives me 30 rounds of persuasion.

didn't mean to hijack the thread with war stories. but I haven't reloaded a 357 in 20 years. my wife carries a sp101 and I loaded up some 158 hard for her . but that was 20 years or so and I loaded 250 rounds. she shoots 24 rounds about every 5 years so don't need to load anymore for a while.

Last edited by deerstalker; 04/09/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~