Originally Posted by MontanaMan
With all the other good powders available for 223/5.56, some of the proponents of Lever, please tell me why it's "better" & how it's "better" & why I should switch or even try it, other than for the sake of just saying I tried it.

MM

I wouldn't bother with it MM if you already have a good powder that works for you. I decided to try it cause I had 10 lbs of the stuff, maybe more, a ginormous pile of empty 5.56 brass and love to shoot the 75/77 grain bullets in my 5.56's. So, I figured it was worth a little experimentation to see if it would shoot, it doesn't do too badly. It meters really darned well through my Dillon and I can load a pile of rounds and I am only out the cost of the Sierra 77's.

I just shot along side my buddy with the two above mentioned rifles at 300 yards, just to see if our scopes were tracking. I haven't gotten these across the chrono yet, but we used 2750 and 1.2 Mils and were hammering the steel pretty decently.

I am sure there are better and more accurate powders, but we just hammered about 200 rounds through each gun during a 100 yard zero and messing around at 300 and I am satisfied with it. I use LVR for some leverguns like the 30-30 and 35 Remington as well, so it'll all get used up. It'll just get used up much faster in the AR's whistle

Semper Fi