Originally Posted by gunner500
Dang, you guys are shooting longer range bullets in your AR's than i, have only shot stubby bullets in my house and farm 5.56/223's, I can say hand loaded 55/62gr TSX, 64gr Nosler bonded, and the Federal load with a 62/64 gr bullet, think it's a Bear Claw will work well on pigs, deer and coyotes out to around 190 yards.

None are very fast in the 16 inch barrels, 27-2800 fps, the Nosler bondeds, and Federal load has produced quicker kills for me, and show more reaction to the hit over the monos.

are the mono hits dead? LOL
I snap shot at a pair of pigs the other night, 16 inch 223. Maybe a 60 yard shot as they were walking to the brush through tall grass.. I was waiting to line 2 up which I did. Hit with 50 grain old Speer big azz HP bullet. You'd think a 50 pound pig would flop... never even found sign of a hit. Though there were buzzards there the next day and been a pretty good stink up there now when we drive by for the last few days.. Dunno that the 52 barnes would have been better but I'd have bet the big HP would have ripped em wide open.... I'd have sure expected to walk up and see a dead one there just inside the brush line....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....