Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Sounds like 79s better get his schidt together by next weekend.

Oh I have a load ready to use.. already figured it out, week ago.. using 73gr eld-m with 23.5gr h4895, rem 7 1/2 primers. Seated at can’t remember lol.. Just playing around with other bullets see what I could come up with.

This is a 100 yd reduces high power match, when you get bored give it a go. Standing slow fire you cannot use a sling.. rapid fire you use sling, 99% time we shoot in the sitting position. prone you use sling.. all the targets to use are listed as well..

2 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, standing, slow fire, 100 yards, SR-1 target. 10 minutes
2 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, sitting or kneeling, rapid fire, 100 yards, SR-1 target. 60 seconds, magazine change first mag has 2rds, second mag has 8 rds.
2 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, prone, rapid fire, SR-21 target. 70 seconds, magazine change first mag has 2rds, second mag has 8 rds.
2 sighting shots and 20 shots for record, prone, slow fire, MR-31 target. 20 minutes

Sounds like fun buddy. I like shooting offhand, generally slinged up though. Are you running your 4.5x scope? That 73gr eld match is a great bullet. One of my favorites. I looked at my .224 bullet supply today and saw i have 200 73gr eldm pills. They fly straight for sure. I gave up on the 69gr SMK after first trying the 73gr hornady. Now ive made full circle, since ive been shooting my Noveske more. When i want to switch things up a bit, i do the carl ross positional shoot for practice. You shoot timed targets in offhand, sitting, off sticks and off a pack. More like hunting scenerios. When we have ar shoots at my club, we shoot more your style. Offhand, sitting and prone. What some guys dont realize is a lot of us that shoot off the bench and post results in the black rifle and moa all day long challenge here is that we dont just shoot off the bench. They make fun of us "x shooters", but for some reason dont get the importance of being able to strategically place the bullet where we want it to go each and every time. It should be that way, regardless of the quarry. Hit what you are aiming at. That is the important thing to think about.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA