Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by kid0917
just saw on Fox, didn't catch all of it, but sounds like, if you had issues with the number before, you will have more now. adding cases of death where the dead people were never tested?

we might make 500,000 in the U.S., after all

This is a bunch of pandering bull squat.

Autopsies and viral tests are very seldom performed upon the bodies of those who die of natural causes. The attending physician makes a diagnosis before death and that is listed as COD on the death certificate.

We have heard from several sources that pneumonia caused by C-19 is dissimilar to pneumonia caused by other pathogens. Thus C-19 pneumonia is typically properly diagnosed. What more could we expect from our medical community.

How about just a little bit of thought and some common sense in these discussions?

Well, you have to admit that there are very few hard/proven facts about COVID-19, so all sides are free to make claims, or cite data/evidence, that is often more speculative than actual. Add that to the general distrust between conservatives and liberals and you have a fertile ground for extreme positions.

I had hoped that a shared experience would bring us together as a Nation, like the physical attacks on 12/07/41 and 09/11/01 did, but the vitriol spewing and finger-pointing by the Democrats would make the most patient of men angry and POTUS isn't the most patient of men. DJT has been under attack since the moment that the Democrats realized that HRC had lost the 2016 Presidential Election, so the liberal programs initiated by BHO wouldn't be continued Thus began their vile attacks on the POTUS-elect, who they have made it their mission to discredit any way possible.

We didn't know, actually know, the level of threat that COVID-19 posed before Thanksgiving and we still only know a fraction of what we'll learn about it in the next few months. According the USN, the great majority of the sailors who have tested positive for COVID-19 on the USS Theodore Roosevelt have been asymptomatic. The fact that NYC has added over 3,700 people to the list of deaths attributed to COVID-19, despite the fact that they were never tested for the disease is concerning to me. That looks like someone in the NYC Health Department is padding the number of COVID-19 deaths and that sort of behavior corrupts the data and makes it harder for infectious disease experts to make informed recommendations and for leaders to make informed decisions.

Or so it seems to me.

I don't believe in conspiracies, but something is happening in New York, the most densely packed place in the US. People are dying in large numbers and the funeral homes can not keep up with the body count. So hospitals are renting freezer trucks to store bodies (will these trucks deliver beef to your local grocery once they are emptied?). So, just maybe, something is going on.

https://gulfnews.com/photos/news/as...ggles-with-covid-19-dead-1.1586248429830

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/new-york-refrigerated-truck-bodies.html

Sure looks like something's going on to me!

Certainly people are dying all across America, but COVID-19 has become a catch-all and it seems that rather than attribute deaths that may not be related to COVID-19, it would be better to add a couple of additional categories, perhaps "suspected" and "unspecified". The output data that will be used to make recommendation and decisions is only as good as the quality/accuracy of the data going into the program. If the data going in is suspect, the data coming out will be equally suspect. There are a lot of frozen goods warehouses across the U.S. that could be pressed into service if the volume of deaths exceeds the capacity for storing people who die in the normal course of life. Lots more room in one frozen goods warehouse than a parking lot full of reefer trucks.

Everybody sees things differently, based on their own personal bias. I don't believe it conspiracy per se, but I do believe that lots of people, including every politician, will manipulate information to serve their own agenda.

Or so it seems to me.