Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The question is: what constitutes a positive diagnosis?

A bunch of our malcontents will not be satisfied until they see positive lab results in triplicate from three independent labs.

Me? I am willing to take the word of the attending physician. That is what they are trained to do.

I don't know if I'm a malcontent, but physicians routinely order lab tests to confirm what they think. No physician can see a virus and unless the symptoms of COVID-19 are unique, the physician doesn't really know until the results of the lab tests come back.

That was my point, and was reiterated several times. There are many reports that C 19 pneumonia is unique in that it is typically bilateral, where pneumonia with other causative factors is usually limited to one lobe or to one lung.

No, it's biology. There are no absolutes. But if you are in a busy ward filled with C 19 contagion and one of your nurses succumbs to bilateral pneumonia and dies. You are going to be pretty safe writing Covid 19 on the death certificate. Even more so if the patient lost their sense of smell during their illness.

Save the precious tests for someone you can help.

The permanent lung damage specific to C-19 shows up on chest x-rays, and ultra-sounds as well. Remember the upward revision in China? That was due to the inclusion of the consideration of chest x-rays in the diagnosis.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell