Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

If most people who have COVID-19 are asymptomatic, how can you avoid being exposed to it at some point during the rest of your life without permanently self-quarantining yourself? You might, in a rural area, avoid it until a vaccine is produced, but it seems likely that most people will be exposed and most of them won't even know that they have it.

Since you don't have any control over what other drivers do, or don't do, I can't see any way for you to insure that some other asswhole on the road won't hit you unless you stay off the roads.

Apparently (according to many here), I have managed to avoid contact with the virus for six months. Only have eighteen months more till we have a vaccine. Right?

My workplace is only fifty people in total, and I still have over ten months of accrued vacation to use. My odds are not bad.

No, can not control the asswholes on the road. But I can control my reactions to them. I have driven around more than one head on collision when an oncoming driver was in my lane. And I often give another the right of way, even when it is mine.

It's called defensive driving.

If most people who are infected with COVID-19 are asymptomatic, until you're tested for it, you have no way of knowing if you've been exposed or not. The same goes for all of us and everyone who we come into contact with.

Defensive driving skills are important and useful, but the guy who you don't see coming can be as deadly as the bullet that you don't hear.