I bought a Crossman Quest 1000x .177 cal. springer air rifle with a 4x scope mounted on it several years ago. I shot it some but was disappointed with the accuracy and put it away. I also have a Crossman 766 pump rifle that I've had for over 40 years that is much more accurate.

Well, with this covid quarantine BS keeping me at home I got bored and pulled out the Quest again to give it a try. I have read up some on how shooting a springer takes a different technique than the other air rifles and I also got some advice from a BIL who shoots a springer gun. After trying out the pointers I'm seeing better accuracy than before, about 1" - 1-1/4" at 15 yards.

I have 2 different types of pellets, RWS Diablo Basics which are a flat nose 7 gr., and Gamo Magnums which are pointed and don't say the grain weight. The Gamo shoot the best but I'm about out of them and I see that Gamo doesn't make those same pellets anymore.
I plan on using this rifle mostly for backyard pest control, mainly pigeons, collared doves, and the occasional ground squirrel.
What brand/type of pellets have you found that you like in a springer gun?
Any tips on shooting techniques also appreciated.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB