NVHunter -

Lots of good tips so far, so I will just add this one which came to me from tuner John Thomas in Pennsylvania:

Since hold consistency ranges from important to vital depending on the rifle, and the Artillery hold takes some time to master, here is a good way to get started -

What he recommends is very consistent placement of your open hand under the forend, whether standing or seated. He places his thumb and forefinger on the two forend screws to consistently locate his hand, then releases them leaving just his palm in contact with the rifle. He holds on loosely from there.
I don't know if he listens to 38 Special in his head while he does this. I do sometimes... lol

That hand position probably won't be the optimum one for your rifle, but it should shoit fine - IF you are consistent.
Once you prove to yourself that you are truly consistent, try moving your hand back a little. Then a little more. etc.
Your groups should tell you whats best as you experiment.

Oh, and the 500 count Crosman domed HPs at Wal-Mart for $5/tin are a true bargain. I bought a 6-pack of them the other day because my FWB 124 likes them, and I have lots of .177s to try them out in besides.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....