Originally Posted by BC30cal
...One of the most galling aspects of Hangover Minister Blair's response in my view is his dismissive insistence that we just listen to him and not pay attention to the wording of the flawed document he's responsible for, you know?...Dwayne

"Hangover Minister Blair".... love it! I've heard rumours, but of course, "Only his bartender knows for sure."

Can this be the very same Bill Blair, who conducted a cross-Canada "consultation" last year when he was still the Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction, which resulted in a paper,“ Reducing Violent Crime: A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault Weapons”, released in tandem with conversations on banning handguns, which stated, on page 2:

“The vast majority of owners of handguns and of other firearms in Canada lawfully abide by requirements, and most gun crimes are not committed with legally-owned firearms" (Thanks to MP Glen Motz for that, which he sent me last fall).

BTW, e-Petition 2574, in response to the "nasty scary assault-type military weapons and whatever else we can throw in there" announcement, has, at this point (10pm, Sunday May 10) received 161,267 verified signatures. This in only 5 days. The previous one, in response to the OIC announcement, ended up with 175,308 in 90 days. The pathetic one from "Windy" Wendy Cukier in the fall of 2018, demanding the same ban, received barely over 20,000 signatures in 120 days, 80% of which were from- strangely enough- Ontario, where The Grande Dame of Canadian Gun Control herself lives.

If this is democracy, "include me out." Perhaps call it "Trudocracy." The unbridled arrogance of this government is beyond repulsive, to put it mildly.

Unlike most of you, I'm not a hunter; my main interest is handguns (but none of those frightening military assault-style thingies). But it likely doesn't matter, because I'm sure they're following Lloyd Axworthy's words:

"...disarming the Canadian public is part of the new humanitarian social agenda." (Foreign Affairs Minister Lloyd Axworthy at a Gun Control conference in Oslo, Norway in 1998.) So if they have their way, you'll be "disarmed" as well, and reduced to buying prepackged meat at Superstore.

And yes, I am a member of both the CCFR and CSSA. Just sent a chunk of change to the former to assist with their lawsuit.

Last edited by Stuart; 05/10/20. Reason: typo

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.