Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Adoptions would be much more common if it wasn't so expensive. I've heard of couples paying as much as $50k and 20 to 30k is common. There are millions of good solid couples out there who would love to adopt but they simply don't have the means. My question is, who gets all that money? Lawyers? Agencies? Someone has to be raking it in.

Well, having their own kid costs a bunch of money too. New clothes for Mom during the pregnancy, prenatal doctor appointments for mom and baby in womb, different nutrition for mom while pregnant, perhaps a larger apartment or house or a remodel of an existing room for a nursery.

And that's not to mention the actual medical costs of delivery, and the insurance costs (that are spread to you, me and the rest of those insured by the company).

If that $20-30K adoption cost is too much for them, perhaps they shouldn't be thinking about adopting even if they aren't capable of having their own kid???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?