Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by djs
I personally don't like abortion, but it is a medical issue between a woman and her doctor. There are many reasons why a woman wants an abortion, ranging from convenience to saving her life and all degrees in between. It is not my place to question her motives nor her doctor's. I do find it interesting that many here on the 'fire rail at any any suggestion of government intervention into THEIR own person lives, but favor governmental intervention into this medical issue.
Statement is too carte blanche - "it" sometimes may be a "medical issue between a woman and her doctor" if her pregnancy is affecting other bodily systems and causing threats to her physical health - and just what percentage of pregnancies cause that? A careful and truthful study of medical records would show that rate of incidence - but who cares? How does one explain the huge ballooning of performed abortions for "women's health" reasons once it became "legal" to obtain an abortion on demand simply because one wants one - for convenience or otherwise? ??Medical issues??

Medical issues or not, the decision is between a woman and her doctor. If god thinks it is wrong, let him punish them; unless you don't believe in a god and think you you need to have governmental interference in personal matters.
Once more, when challenged about the weakness and inanity of your statements, you dodge the issue. And, you are so, so badly out of date - because it is no longer something "between the woman and her doctor". It merely is a matter of a woman herself deciding to kill the baby and then going to the place that kills them and getting it done - probably by a doctor who is paid to do the killing - any doctor but normally not "her" doctor - and so it is a mechanized for-profit business. But you persist in using the old catch phrase as done by so many who try to justify the wholesale killing of babies for reasons of convenience, etc.

I feel secure in my beliefs but do not at all attempt to bring God into discussions about baby killing. And, I have never wanted the government to involve itself in matters of morality - or immorality in cases such as this. Aren't you the keen one to pretend that we should not have the government interfere with the killing of babies while you are sitting there fully accepting and supporting all of the shameless government interference going on today? That is rich.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron