Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I firmly believe in the nobility of labor. I feel noble when I call someone else to perform it.

Becoming financially independent through your own effort is a skillset that allows you to have a choice in how you spend your time and money. We are not all the same. Money is easy, time...not so much.

mike r

I figure if Presidents can have stimulus programs, so can I.

I pay a friend to bring me firewood. All I have to do is split the rounds for exercise. Should I choose to, he'd bring it split and ready to burn. He has the saws, the big truck, access to the trees on private land.........why should I go buy a saw, chaps, etc and use my vehicle when he will do it and earn a living at it?

I do like to split it though.

Man, I love splitting wood. One of my favorite exercises.

My farm manager is a guy that can literally do anything. Grow anything, weld, fix any car, tractor, implement, run an excavator, plumbing, electric.

The biggest problem is that he CAN do anything. He gets bogged down in stuff and never has time to do it all. At least once a week he tells me "we can do that ourselves" and I respond with "but we don't have the time". We just put in an alarm system, and we bought it and hired someone to install it and show us how to use it. We just don't have the time to learn the details, bend conduit, or to pull wires 300'. Do what we do best, which is growing things. As a buddy of mine is fond of saying: "before you know it you are digging for iron ore because you need a screw driver".

Sic Semper Tyrannis