Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by topnotch99
I would drag brother LOGGAH out but hard to get him out of town .And i'm not sleeping with him in the back of my pickup !!! and would love to get in on a shoot off . 5 shot group might be better

[b]

Sounds like a bit of fun sport. But, it should be decided, 1895/1899/99 only, 1 cold shot closest to X, or tightest 3 shot or 5 shot group. Also, 50 yds or 100 yds? In the spirit of these fine vintage rifles, I think optics should be excluded. Irons, receivers or tangs only. Just my personal thought...

At the risk of sounding like a sandbagger or a ringer, ( certainly neither of which, am I ), maybe the pot could be sweetened a bit to make it more interesting. Say 10 or 20 bucks a man, winner take all?

So that begs the question of is it a contest of the best rifle or the best marksman?

All shooters should use the same rifle and the same ammo.

Just sayin....

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~