As for a competition:

How about we make it "Savage only", that way everybody's handicapped equally! laugh Any caliber, any rifle, iron sights only, three shots offhand at 50 yards, high score (total points of three shots) wins the pot. 30 second time limit- you gotta rap 'em out. (Otherwise we'll be at it all day and there's always a bunch of guys waiting to shoot their toys.) Entry fee to be determined by popular vote- but lets keep it friendly and not make it excessive. If you want, I can round up the targets- say the 100 yard NRA target? (It's a big black target easy for old farts to see at 50 yards.)

I can assure you I'll probably finish dead last. My offhand stance is cruddy- those of you who know me know my condition. I don't care because I'll have as much fun doing it as anybody else, and who knows maybe I'll slop three into the 10 ring. After all, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and again! My Model .250-3000 that's capable of near MOA accuracy off the bench with its tang sight won't matter doodly-squat because that front sight wobbles with the best of them when I shoot it offhand. Now if I could just figure out how to mount a Lyman globe front sight on it....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty