Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by AB2506
Probably the worst up here are jacked up diesel pickups with 8 inch exhausts and Harleys with straight pipes.

Those people should be shot.

In the face.

Repeatedly.

Person rented the house @ the end of the block. He had a V-Twin bike of some manner. Our street is 1-block long and cut off @ both ends, he thought it was his own personal 1-block drag-strip. I had a short and pointed conversation with him that it wasn't. He'd then open the garage door and fire up the V-Twin @ midnight or later and just rev the heck outta it, but didn't race up and down the street anymore. Probably 6Mo later, I see my street on the evening news and find out that several folks had followed Mr. V-Twin home from the bar and beaten him with a bat and a tire-iron. Shortly thereafter, he didn't live on our street anymore.

I haven't really any problem w/loud exhaust, current neighbor of 18yrs has a pretty "throaty" Harley. I've got a 400HP small-block in a ~2800# car that's not what anyone would consider "quiet" but it's not obnoxious loud either. I "limp" that car through residential neighborhoods. I have 0 issues with folks who like to "open up" their performance machines, but, not in residential areas.

Valve-Stem tools are under-rated.

Last edited by horse1; 05/26/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.